Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thing 2

Thing 2:

Access and web 2.0 thoughts. We're not exactly luddites at my library but our access world is rather tightly closed. Technology staff determine what's permissible and possible at this point, primarily to maintain security.


It does feel like the appropriate time to learn about possibilities because many patrons have their own computers AND come to the library to learn about many computer technologies. Even though I've not read all the books possible (and sadly, fewer than I'd like :-( ), patrons still approach me for what I do know. Patrons may not be able to do or see everything possible on computers in the library, but if I have at least a working familiarity with what's possible, that will help patrons in their quest for computer knowledge and skill. Timing is everything!

No comments: